Collecting Personal Information
Personal information collected, stored and maintained by Bunzl consists of the following:
- Individual and business contact details (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, birth dates and driver’s licence numbers), professional and business details as well as credit card and bank account details.
Bunzl does not collect any sensitive personal information relating to religion, political opinions, sexual preferences, racial or ethnic background or criminal record.
Use & Disclosure of Information
Personal information collected by Bunzl is used for business purposes only. Bunzl will not rent, sell or trade any personal information. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. Bunzl will not use your personal information other than for the purposes of:
- Establishing and maintaining an account for you or your organisation and managing that account and our relationship with you or your organisation.
- Administering Bunzl’s dealings and potential dealings with suppliers of products and services.
- Managing the delivery of products and services to you or your organisation and to charge and bill you or your organisation for them.
- Processing customer orders.
- Receiving and processing payments for the supply of products and services.
- Contacting you or your organisation for direct marketing or other promotional purposes.
- Resolving disputes and managing warranty claims.
- Doing something that one would reasonably expect Bunzl to do using the information.
- Sending to other service providers such as printers and mailing houses in connection with the purposes mentioned above.
- Responding to persons who contact Bunzl with requests for information and/or queries.
Bunzl will not otherwise use or disclose personal information unless permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law. Personal information will be disclosed where the disclosure of the information is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Disclosure of this information is authorised when:
- You have consented either expressly or impliedly, to the disclosing of the information about you.
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings.
- The use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
- The use or disclosure is required to investigate unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
Marketing & Promotions
Bunzl conducts direct marketing communications using personal information collected. Direct marketing communications includes – email, mail, SMS and push notifications. If you do not wish to participate in direct marketing communications, you can opt out of receiving emails only by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. You can opt out of all marketing by either speaking to a Customer Service representative between 9am and 5pm on Monday through to Friday or by notifying Bunzl in writing either by letter or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This notification must include contact name, business name, business address and State.
From time to time Bunzl likes to ask customers to update their details and capture customers information in regard to preferences or interests. Please ensure that you nominate/check the appropriate business contacts on your account. It is important to keep your account information up to date as your business and personnel may change over time.
Security of Personal & Business Information
Security of personal information is important to Bunzl and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose. Nevertheless, the internet is not a secure environment. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Bunzl cannot warrant the security, integrity or privacy of personal information submitted to this website https://www.bunzlexpress.com.au/, If you use the internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk. All personal information collected by Bunzl will be stored in a secure area with controlled access to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. Records containing personal information that are no longer required for business purposes or by law, will be destroyed by a secure means i.e. shredding, pulping or disintegration of information.
Quality of Personal & Business Information
Bunzl is committed to keeping accurate and complete personal and business information of its customers. Bunzl will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is as accurate, complete and up to date as possible.
Bunzl invites customers to notify us (contact details below) when:
- Personal or business information stored is inaccurate;
- When personnel or business information changes; and/or
- When you have personnel changes within the business that may impact the account contacts on file or their role within the business
Customers seeking to change their contact or business information should login to via https://www.bunzlexpress.com.au/ and update their details using My Account or can email us at email@example.com and must provide their email address registered with their account, business name, contact name, contact phone number and detail the changes required.
Access to Personal Information
Personal information may be accessed upon request (contact details below) but only to the extent we are able to by law and are required under the National Privacy Principles. If we are unable to approve access, reasons for the inability to access the information will be provided. Where reasonable, consideration can be given to the use of an intermediary who would allow sufficient access to mutually satisfy our needs.
Should an individual wish to complain if he or she believes that Bunzl has interfered with his or her privacy, please notify us in writing (contact details below). All complaints will be responded to in writing within 14 working days of receipt of the complaint.
If you believe the privacy of your personal information has been breached in any way, please notify us by: Telephone (03) 9590 3000 | E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org