Nothing says ‘summer’s coming’ more than the sound of ice rattling around a well-handled cocktail shaker. And nothing looks better than the thirst-quenching delight of your customers as they enjoy a perfectly presented cocktail. As the weather turns warmer and the days get longer, it’s time to concentrate on adding a new favourite to your drink’s menu.
Turning to old favourites will always be a good move, but the real secret is in the glassware. With more people than ever paying attention to how their drinks look as much as taste, giving your customers a good drink in the right glass is how you can keep them coming back.
The Libbey range from Trenton makes sure your cocktails look as good as they taste. If a customer has a craving for an Old Fashioned, pick up the ‘Carats’ thick-bottomed tumbler that provides the idea base for grinding aromatics. But are you looking for a recipe to go with it?
Honey I’m Old Fashioned
- ½ a teaspoon of honey
- 2 dashes of angostura bitters
- Splash of soda water
- Curl of orange zest to serve
- Place the honey in a Libbey ‘Carats’ tumbler.
- Add the Angostura bitters and a splash of soda water.
- Rotate the glass to mix the honey, bitters and soda.
- Add ice and pour in the bourbon.
- Garnish with orange curl and serve.
The beauty of cocktails is just as much about how they look as how they taste – which is why you need the perfect glassware to complement the perfect drink.